Samba (or Sammie to her friends) is a 16.2 hand, 5 year old draft cross mare, regrettably offered for sale because I am moving out of state, and can't take her with me. Her sire was a registered Paint, out of a Thoroughbred, and her dam was a full Clydesdale. Sammie has been trained consistently in dressage since Feb '09 when I bought her. We showed at Intro level in June at a CDS rated show, earning 64.50 on both tests from an R judge. She is ready to show Training Level now, but I just haven't had the time to enter her. She is just starting lateral work, and is doing well. She seems to enjoy learning new things, and gets a really cute expression when she "gets it." Sammie is very smart, and has a cute, social personality. Because she is young, I would not recommend her as a person's first horse, unless you are working with a trainer who will help you work through some of the behaviors typical for a young horse. She is perfect for an adult ammie looking for a lower-level dressage partner, or for a confident youth/pony clubber. She hasn't had formal training as a jumper, but her trainer is starting to trot her over poles now, and she seems to enjoy it. She also seems to like casual rides around the property, and would probably be a good trail partner once she has more miles/exposure. Sammie is very special to me, and I will be very careful making sure that she ends up in a loving home, so price is somewhat negotiable to the right person.

Sammie is currently in Highland, California. I have her listed on Dreamhorse for $6000, but again, that's negotiable to the right person. Please email me at saddlebroke@gmail.com if you are interested in finding out whether you might be that person.  :) 

Views: 143

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

By the way...I have pictures, but just can't seem to upload them. I'll happily email pics on request! :)

RSS

The Rider Marketplace

International Horse News

Click Here for Barnmice Horse News

© 2024   Created by Barnmice Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service