Nevermind the technical inconsistancies ... just share with everyone the horse movie that pulls at your heart strings every time you see it. For me it's Seabiscuit -- although I am also a huge fan of The Black Stallion. That 20-minute segment of Alec and The Black getting to know each other and playing on the beach is so beautiful and atmospheric it totally absorbs me.

What about you?

Views: 497

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For me, it's the Horse Whisperer because it shows how horses need humans to heal, and humans can heal from horse's helping them along the way!!
Yes, that is a good one. I also feel that Seabiscuit accomplishes this, but in a different way.

Dreamer is another one of those "human heals horse heals human" stories. I love those!!!
Man From Snowy River and Return to Snowy River.
I like 'Dreamer' It is such a sweet story line!
I have to say Black Beauty. It's something I watched over and over again when I was little and now I'm filled with great memories every time I see it. I still cry every time I watch it. I haven't seen a lot of the older ones (I'm too young for them). But Seabiscuit is pretty good, too. Some scenes I'd rather not watch but overall it's amazing.

I must admit that I give in to my guilty pleasure ever once in a while. I watch Flicka every once in a while and other childrens' horse movies. They're so sweet! Even though I'm too "old" for that!
Hmmm ... when are you ever too old?!!! I'm 40 (plus another number ... ;-) )
Black Beauty.
Hidalgo is a close second.
Also, the Lord of the Rings has a lot of horsey scenes in it, even if it isn't really a horse movie per se.
Oh, and the Miracle of the White Stallions. Gotta love Lippizaners.
I love The Horsemasters by Disney
Is that the one with incredibly fake horses in several of the scenes? I think I saw it about 20 years ago.
Pharlap comes to mind, followed by Black Beauty.
Into the West!
Horse in the Grey Flannel Suit
Miracle of the White Stallions
Sylvester is a great movie (although pretty unrealistic). International Velvet is also a favourite, and the horse in Dances with Wolves almost makes it a "horsey" movie ... why are there so few to choose from? Hollywood has a huge untapped market in horse movies!

RSS

The Rider Marketplace

International Horse News

Click Here for Barnmice Horse News

© 2024   Created by Barnmice Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service