Does anyone else out there have a horse-related business? What is your business?

Personally, I am finally getting my photography and graphic design dreams put into motion! :) No official name or site yet, but I am curious how everyone else with a horse business decided on what they do!

Views: 955

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, I lost my beloved horse in August to Colic, so during last summer I began making jewellery, BUT then I do not know why/how??!!..I started to make Stock Pins which have been selling well.  Take a look ...I ship to the USA and shall be visiting in August too with some stock!

http://www.flaminjools.com/#

Wow! Those are beautiful! :) My condolences on the loss of your horse; I lost my heart horse several years ago to some pretty terrible arthritis. It was a heartbreaking thing to watch develop. I'm glad you found some light out of the situation. 

By the way, your website is beautiful! I love how smooth the transition between pages is. Great job :)

Thank you.    Yes horses can really pull at your heart strings.  BUT we would never be without them !x

Hi Ashley,

I train horses and teach riding lessons.  I spend most of my horse business consulting on other people's property and help them with the training of their own horses in my area.  This is something I wanted to do since I was a teen, but I thought I wouldn't be able to make a career out of it.  However, I took a leap of faith and did make it my business.  I learned how to train and teach when I was younger and then started volunteering to help other people.  After awhile I was able to start charging as word of mouth spread.  I had an effective website designed by a relative, but decided recently to rebrand myself.

I've learned website design with Wordpress (big learning curve but worth it) and have my new site www.heathernelsonlibertytraining.com up and running as of a few months ago.  I've started a blog and also started creating videos.  At first I just wanted some videos for my site, but now I think I'll create them regularly and maybe one day make video training for people.

I recommend sites like Marie Forleo's for learning how to get an online presence happening and for tips on business.  

Introducing The Stable Directory!

The Stable Directory is an online resource dedicated to providing the most extensive list of Canadian Stables for the Equestrian Community across Canada. When you list with the Stable Directory, your listing is controlled by YOU, so no more out of date information on the net. You can make alterations as often as you like! In addition to our online listing service, we also offer:

-Stable Directory APP, which allows potential customers to find you in seconds

-web, and logo services

-free classifieds

-free event listings

-free promotion on Facebook to an audience of 8000.

To list your barn or equine related business, contact robin@stabledirectory.com or visit www.stabledirectory.com

Thanks for asking, Ashley :)  I own EquineOfficeSolutions.com, providing administrative and marketing support and consultation for equine business owners. Basically I provide off-site office support and implement marketing strategies. I look forward to networking more on this site with other business owners. 

Hi!

I make polo wraps and my sister makes custom saddle pads, often we do matching sets.  My website: www.nickerwraps.com.  I've been in business 2 1/2 years and love working with horse peeps!!

Patty

I run a horse boarding facility :) www.glenaurafarm.com

Hi, I've been coaching for 30 years, the last 20 as a professional. Best thing I ever did!! Travel all over Australia running Showjump clinics. Coming to Canada in 2015.

Cheers Geoff 

I do custom mucking! Think of it as when you hire a house cleaner, I have a set price per stall in a certain area around my home and I muck for them. It is not always a daily mucking, sometimes I just relief muck. It's great, I'm in control :)

I have bigger plans but they are only on paper for now.

I am working on developing my career as an equestrian writer. Prior to that I worked as a riding instructor, horse trainer and barn manager.

I wash and repair blankets.  When I moved North of Guelph, there was no where in this area that did it, so 10 years ago, I started my own business. 

RSS

The Rider Marketplace

International Horse News

Click Here for Barnmice Horse News

© 2024   Created by Barnmice Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service