Started Jul 14, 2015
Do you use spurs when riding or training your horse? What are your best tips for riding with and without spurs? Here is a quick read from horse trainer/coach Lindsay Grice: …Continue
Started this discussion. Last reply by Jackie Cochran Mar 28, 2015.
Congratulations to Kim Kolloff, rider with multiple sclerosis (MS), on her WEF Low Adult 2'6 Hunter Section A Championship! Read the news here: …Continue
Started Feb 10, 2015
***** To Comment on My Wall, Please Keep Scrolling Down :)*****
Welcome! With so much to do in the community, here are some tips to get you on your way...
1. Search. We have lots of videos, photos, discussions, blog posts, events and notes on Barnmice - and all have their own special sections that you can visit by clicking on the tabs at the top of the main page. Once you are in a specific section, you can search even further by entering a key word in the Search box. *When adding your own content to the community, be sure to always add lots of tags, so that other members with similar interests can easily find it.
2. Classifieds. Horse sales and classifieds placed by members are welcome in our community. You can place text ads in the Free Classifieds category of our discussions, or you can add a video or photo with tags such as "sales horse" "for sale", "used saddle", etc. Please note, classifieds are a courtesy for our members to connect with each other to sell (or find) horses, used tack, etc. If you run an equine business, sell a product or have a shop, we would be delighted to arrange advertising for you in one of our ad zones.
3. Experts. If you have any questions for our dietitian Elizabeth Levitt, our athletic therapist Claire Moscone Biafore, our psychotherapist Karen Sharf, or anyone from the vet team at MPEquine, please feel free to type in their names to search under Members and leave them a message. They are all here to help and have lots of great ideas!
4. Groups. Barnmice hosts a wide range of groups and everyone is welcome to join as many as you like. Or you can even start a group of your own! Go to Groups and click on "View All" to see all of our Barnmice groups.
5.Profile. To change something in your profile, open "My Settings" at top right and you will be on your settings page. To change which emails you receive from Barnmice, open Mail on your settings page.
6. Events. Have an event/show/fundraiser/clinic coming up? Post it on our Main Page by going to "Events" and clicking on "Add an Event".
7. Settings. At the top right of your page, under your name, you will find your "stuff", where you can organize all your favorite Barnmice...well...stuff! Your private messages and friend requests are also there and will let you know when there is something in your inbox. Go ahead - click on them and see what they do!
8. Share. Our goal at Barnmice is to create the most welcoming international equine community on the web. We currently have visitors from 178 countries - and our incredible members have created one of the most positive and supportive environments for horse people from every walk of life. If you enjoy being a member of the community, we do hope you will invite lots of your friends to join us. And if you see a particular video, photos, blog or discussion that you would like to share with non-members, just click on "Share" and pass it along!
9. Friends. The best way to get to know the community is to click on lots of buttons and explore all the different areas. If you see someone who looks like they might be an interesting friend - send them a friend invitation. You can also find others with similar interests by going to the Members page and clicking on the advanced search. You'll be surprised how quickly you make new friends from all over the world!
10. Chat. Our Chat Room is open for special occasions hosted by Barnmice, our sponsors and our members. Be sure to visit for instant messaging and join in the discussion with other members of the community.
11. Applications. Personalize your profile page by adding fun new applications. There are over a hundred applications you can choose for your page, from games to news reports, to quotes of the day, and so much more!
12. Redecorate. Personalize your profile page even more by moving your center column features up or down to the spots you like best. Just click and drag!
13. Showcase. If you have a video or photo that you would like us to feature, just leave a message for Barnmice Admin, and we'll be happy to add it to the rotation.
14. Advertising Policy. There is no advertising or advertorial allowed in any of our member content sections. Any posts that we consider commercial will be deleted.
Just to be extra clear:
No posts or photos about commercial products or services.
No notices about commercial websites.
No links mid-blog or discussion taking readers to a commercial site.
Nothing whatsoever promoting commercial products, sites or services in the body or title of the post.
The exception to this rule applies only to Barnmice sponsors and partners who work closely with our Barnmice team to create special presentations for the benefit of our members, or who might add a quick announcement.
We do have wonderful ad zones, for all those interested. Let's all help to keep our content areas about our members - and not about advertising. If you would like to place a Banner Ad on Barnmice and promote your business in the community through additional content, just email email@example.com and we'll be happy to create a campaign specifically for you!:)
15. Deleting your profile. If at any time you wish to leave Barnmice (which we hope you never do!), just go to your settings and click on "Leave Barnmice" at the bottom of the page.
16. Questions. If you have any questions about how to use something on the site, or would like to see a new feature or topic added, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org any time at all and we'll do our best to help!
Posted on November 16, 2015 at 3:00pm
Horse and Hunk Calendar Giveaway: Contest Alert!
We've partnered with Horse and Hunk North America to give you a chance to win what is possibly the best horsey themed calendar to grace a tack room (or kitchen) wall. Wherever you decide to hang this horse and hunk filled calendar – is totally up to you!…Continue
Posted on October 23, 2015 at 12:00pm — 21 Comments
Guaranteed contracts that actually pays you for power generated from solar panels on your roof! It sounds to good to be true!
Most of us don't trust an offer like this or we assume that is it was that great everyone would already be doing it. But it’s definitely possible and many Ontario homeowners are…Continue
Posted on June 3, 2015 at 4:00pm
Page Count: 117
Kindle: CAN$7.99 from Amazon or iBookstore
Also available in hardcover & paperback
SKY RIDER is an exciting juvenile mystery for the horsey set from the multiple award-winning author, Nancy Springer, who mixes a little supernatural into the storyline.
We meet our heroine, the 14yr old…Continue
Posted on April 23, 2015 at 3:18pm