By Rose Reisman
- All the celebrities are doing it. It seemed like it was just another exercise fad, but Pilates surpassed its trend status and became a movement. The reason? This form of physical activity works on your core, improves strength and flexibility while helping you lose weight.
Core strength is the foundation of Pilates exercise. When the core muscles are strong and doing their job, as they are trained to do in Pilates, they work together with the more superficial muscles of the trunk to support the spine and movement.
As you develop your core strength you develop stability throughout your entire torso. This is how Pilates helps people overcome back pain. As the trunk is properly stabilized, pressure on the back is relieved and the body is able to move freely and efficiently. Pilates is famous for creating long, lean, fit bodies.
The Six Pilates Principles:
Centering, Control, Flow, Breath, Precision, and Concentration
Here’s how Pilotes can help you:
· Creation of lean muscle mass is one of the best ways to increase your calorie-burning potential.
· Toning and shaping your body.
· Exercise burns calories. How many calories you burn depends on your body type and your level of exertion.
· Better posture allows you to look and feel thinner. Pilates creates a leaner look by emphasizing both length and good alignment.
· Improvement of respiration, which is essential for calorie burning and tissue regeneration.
· Improvement in self-esteem, which is associated with weight loss.
is an entrepreneur whose strength lies in recognizing the ever-changing needs of the wellness marketplace. She is an author, health and wellness consultant, caterer, public speaker, media personality, and mother of four children. For more articles like this one, please visit http://www.artoflivingwell.ca/