Original blog post here - http://heatherclemenceau.wordpress.com/2012/08/07/letter-writing-ca...
Join the children’s letter writing campaign!
- This campaign began as an effort to help Save North American Horses from slaughter, Equine Welfare Alliance in cooperation with Congressman Jim Moran Letter Writing Campaign to Congress and the President of the United States, and in Canada Alex Atamanenko, MP of BC Southern Interior. We are asking everyone to engage their friends, family and associates in the civic process of affecting positive change through the petitioning of their governments.
- We now have entered into Phase 2 of the project which is a multifaceted approach which in addition to children writing letters (phase 1), we are also now gathering letters from adults, focusing on a media campaign to help educate the general public on the issue of horse slaughter and how fight to end the slaughter of US horses once and for all.
- We have a radio PSA which is available, we will be focusing on getting the word out into our local papers as well as national media outlets through; articles, radio interviews, TV coverage, handing out flyers at local events both horse related and non horse related. We are open to new ideas and suggestions and welcome contacts with media.
- For more information on the horse slaughter issue please visit:
- These three sites are dedicated solely to eradicating horse slaughter for human consumption in the US and Canada as well as the transport and export of US horses for slaughter. Our goals are:
- The passage of Senate Bill 1176 and House Bill 2966 the American Slaughter Horse Slaughter Prevention Act
- Ensuring the defunding of the inspection of horse slaughter by the USDA in the Ag Appropriation Bill by the inclusion of the Moran Amendment
- Passing Canadian Bill C-322 An Act to amend the Health of Animals Act and the Meat Inspection Act (slaughter of horses for human consumption)
- Final date for submission of American letters is September 15th, 2012 with presentation in DC on September 20th, 2012. In addition, the videos being collected by Saveourhorses.org will be presented as well as the signatures from the Change.org petition.
- Remember we are also still collecting letters from children at the same address and the Children’s page is located here on Facebook or on the web at the Equine Welfare Alliance.
- Address Canadian Letters (one page maximum please) to:
Alex Atamanenko, MP for BC Southern Interior
(Please remember to include your full name and at least the town/city you live in).
Click the Gmail Icon to send your letter! I’ll print it and send it on for you! Easy Peasy!