SILLCOX, Sandra Kathleen (nee Powell)

SANDRA KATHLEEN SILLCOX (nee POWELL) What a wonderful ride it has been! Sandra Sillcox - wife, mother, grandmother, sister, matriarch, equestrian, volunteer extraordinaire, friend and larger than life personality - passed away peacefully in her sleep March 26, 2008 at 74 years of age. Although quietly ill from cancer, Sandra remained highly active and was feeding and looking after her beloved horses until two weeks before her passing. Sandra was greatly loved by her husband Robert, daughter Dana (Jim), daughter Paige (Joe), son Scott (Kim), and grandchildren - Nick, Devon, Mitchell, Thomas, Kendall, Carly and Kai. Also survived by her brother Clay Powell, QC. To say that Sandra was strong willed, independent and one-of-a-kind would be an understatement. She was a remarkable person who touched and influenced far more people than we can know. So many things can and will be said about the remarkable Sandra, but above all it was never dull and we thank her for that. Her cup was forever half full. A celebration of Sandra's life will be held 11:00 a.m. Wednesday, April 2 at All Saints Anglican Church in King City with refreshments afterwards. Cremation has taken place. Condolences, as well as favourite stories and fond memories of Sandra, may be forwarded to Scott at ssillcox@ca.inter.net . Heartfelt thanks to Dr. Michael Dawson as well as the entire team at Southlake Regional Health Centre. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation - Cancer / Palliative Care Unit (905) 836-7333 or to the charity of your choice.

Views: 77

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is hard to believe that I won't see Sandy's face at the shows anymore! I always loved stopping to chat with her. It always brightened my day. I will really miss her....
Thanks for posting this Linda. I was looking for information yesterday evening, but couldn't find anything.
I know, so was I. When I heard the news I was just so shocked and saddened. I didn't even know she was sick! I asked around and found out that she had cancer and then someone from the OEF told me about the Obituary today. I felt the need to share this information with everyone else since she was such a huge and well respected part of the horse community.
As someone else so eloquently put it..." I just know that Sandra will be busy stewarding over the Rainbow Bridge"...

RSS

The Rider Marketplace

International Horse News

Click Here for Barnmice Horse News

© 2024   Created by Barnmice Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service