Does anyone have an update on the riders whose horses tested positive in Hong Kong?

Views: 43

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The FEI just released a statement referrring to Mythilus...

http://www.fei.org/Media/News_Centre/News/Pages/summ.aspx?newsName=...

As a result of the foregoing, the horse and the PR (person responsible) are disqualified from the Games and all medals, points and prize money won at the Olympic Games by them are forfeited.

As a result, the US Dressage Team with its reaming two competitors is also disqualified and loses its 4th place.

As a consequence, the Tribunal imposed on the PR a one month suspension, which has commenced on the date of the application of the provisional suspension and ended on 21 September 2008, fine and costs.

Courtney King has released a statement on her website on Aug 27th

http://www.courtneykingdressage.com/

“Neither I nor my vets had ever heard of the drug Felbinac until we got the call about Myth's positive test,” said King-Dye. “We were stunned and baffled. We spent the entire day doing internet research on the uses for this drug and how it could possibly have gotten into my horse's system. As far as we could find it is not even manufactured, approved, or available in the US. My horse has had no soundness problems whatsoever, and I would have no need for an anti-inflammatory. Anyone who knows me knows whole heartedly that I would never dope my horse intentionally. It is cheating; it is not putting your best against the other’s best. I have never been in a more torturous and frustrating situation; trying to prove innocence is very hard. It saddens me beyond description that my whole reputation could be blackened because of this situation.”
Thanks Carol-Anne,
I was wondering what was happening.
I've posted the entire release above.
Just posted...

CHUPA CHUP ridden by Bernardo Alves (BRA): The hearing took place on 5 September; no additional hearing will take place. The Tribunal has indicated that the decision would be issued shortly. An appeal against the provisional suspension imposed by the FEI had been lodged with the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). The appeal has been dismissed and the suspension has consequently been upheld.

LANTINUS 3 ridden by Dennis Lynch (IRL): The hearing was held on 6 September. A conference call in which additional evidence was to be presented was initially requested by both parties. This option has now been declined and the Tribunal has indicated that the decision will be issued shortly. Similarly to the Chupa Chup case, an appeal against the provisional suspension imposed by the FEI had been lodged with the CAS. The appeal has been dismissed and the suspension has consequently been upheld.

RUFUS ridden by Rodrigo Pessoa (BRA): The hearing was held on 25 September. Final pleadings were filed on 29 September. The Tribunal has indicated that the decision will be issued shortly.

CAMIRO ridden by Toni Andre Hansen (NOR): During the hearing, held on 26 September, the parties requested time for additional witness statements and additional submissions and briefs. Should a second hearing or conference call be required, it will likely be held on 25 or 26 October. The Tribunal has indicated that it anticipates the decision will be issued shortly afterwards.

COSTER ridden by Christian Ahlmann (GER): During the hearing, held on 26 September, the parties requested time for additional witness statements and additional submissions and briefs. Should a second hearing or conference call be required, it will likely be scheduled around 13 October. The Tribunal has indicated that it anticipates the decision will be issued shortly afterwards.

RSS

The Rider Marketplace

International Horse News

Click Here for Barnmice Horse News

© 2024   Created by Barnmice Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service