Just for something fun, I want to know what your favorite horse moments are. They can be while your on the horse or just while your grooming it. Anything you want! Enlighten me. :-)

Views: 355

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My favourite horse moment is leading my wife's horse in the woods. The horse thinks I'm the leader of the pack and follows exactly behind me. Of course my leadership gets tested a fair bit, but I haven't been knocked down yet! I do have to wash my shirt after, however, to get rid of all the nose prints. ;>)
Aw! Thats great! lol ;-)
One of my favorite moments that I recall was when I had just purchased my 2 year old, (then) 17h.h. Thoroughbred gelding Robert. Being 'straight off the farm', I was getting him used to being groomed and had him in the crossties, one hand on his back and was leaning over a bit to brush his tummy, when I suddenly felt pressure on the middle of my back like someone was pushing me into his side! It was his back right hind leg that had come up off the ground, past my body and his hoof was now scratching his right EAR while I was 'pinned' to his body by his leg! He scratched his ear in bliss for what seemed an eternity while I quietly held my breathe and then gently put his foot down on the ground and sighed.
I thought to myself "no one is EVER gonna believe THIS!"
I still have him and Robert is turning 17 at the end of March.
Haha! That's hilarious! i didn't think their back legs could stretch that far!
Awesome! :)
NEITHER did I!
Oh Robert!
Oh Robert indeed... we could fill pages of silly things HRH has done! One of my most memorable Robbie moments is the infamous half-jump at PHC. I've certainly never experienced standing on both sides of a jump before! Robert is one in a million :)
LMAO!! That WAS one of his MOST famous moments! The LOOK on HIS face...the LOOK on YOUR face Amanda...PRICELESS and captured on camera to boot!!
I had a horse do this when I was sitting on his back!
I like to stand at the gate and watch "the boys" run, buck and play chase after the gate has been opened to the pasture. I really could just stand there all day- especially once summer comes and you get that really warm weather feeling.
We turned all the schoolies out at Sunnybrook one Friday morning. I hung over the paddock gate watching the pent up shenanigans as they were always fun to watch on their official 'day off'. After a good run and buck the geldings separated themselves into little packs of two or three and settled down to play. Two of the boys approached old King, walking stealthily up to his hind end. I wondered what they were up to. Ben and another horse stood by King's rump, one on either side of his hindquarters, and proceeded to pick up his tail at the dock area by their teeth. I was frozen for a moment, ready to jump to King's rescue, when the two horses began to 'pump' King's tail up and down, up and down, faster and faster and faster....You should have SEEN the look on King's face! It must have equalled the look of shock on my own! I broke out into peals of laughter! What a SILLY GAME!! Poor King of course couldn't move! This 'game' went on for a good 5 minutes! The two horses frantically pumping his tail up and down, swishing it to and fro madly in the air as I watched in amazement with the tears streaming down my face! Finally they grew bored and let go and drifted away to drop and roll in the sand ring for a good scratch.
If I hadn't seen it with my own eye's I wouldn't have believed it.
Ah ha! I remember the other school horse now! It was Lance!!
Linda :0)

RSS

The Rider Marketplace

International Horse News

Click Here for Barnmice Horse News

© 2024   Created by Barnmice Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service