Just for something fun, I want to know what your favorite horse moments are. They can be while your on the horse or just while your grooming it. Anything you want! Enlighten me. :-)

Views: 358

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow! Haha thats hilarious!
I remember when 2 of my mares were laying in the hay on the ground and one of them jumped up onto the bale itselfand it looked like it was trying to pull the bale over and instead of doing just that, instead the bale just collapsedall over them. All I could do was laugh.
Awesome! hehe
Unfortunately i wasn't there to see it, but my friend told me about a time that a tornado hit. It blew all the hay into one pile out in the pasture. The next day one of the horses was on top of the huge hay pile! Like it was a gift from Heaven!! I laughed myself silly!
This one time I had my horse on the hill eating grass and a clucked at her when i was going to get her and then her head went straight up in the air to look at me and nickered and came towards me as I was approaching her. It made me feel good that i had made a really good connection with Nipper (my lease horse). :)
Me too! I love that feeling when I go to the paddock and call one of the horses and they come straight to me.Knowing they want my company as much as I want theirs. My little Curly loves to steal my husbands beer and run off with it,head and tail high looking back at my hubby and you can see the mischief on her face!
Yep, that connection is just pure magic :-)
I had retired my Appaloosa Robbie at 21 to a wonderful farm in late September. They have large pastures and when winter came they closed off the back half. Spring came and each morning Robbie's buddies ran to the gate of the closed half of the paddock to check it out and of course he ran with them. Finally on a late afternoon in June, Erica who ran the barn, walked to this gate, opened it, shook the chain to make noise and the horses came running through the gate to the long new grass. But not Robbie. He ran back to the barn, we think expecting dinner, only to realize he was alone! Erica started calling to Robbie and he began cantering to her in slow motion, really in a panic. Finally he reached the gate, looked at his buddies on the other side and carefully walked through and began to eat.
The next afternoon, she again went to open the gate, shook the chain and all the horses ran through except Robbie. My brilliant Appaloosa had run back to the barn again. Finally he cantered to the new pasture. On the third afternoon, he ran in with his buddies.
Two happy years later, he died one morning of colic. The last time his buddies saw him was when he was led out of the barn, beyond their sight. For a week they called for him. One of his buddies, dragged his owner all over the paddock looking for him.

my fave horse moment is wen i called my horse while i stood at de g8 nd he came dwn nd followed me out 3 g8s witout a hed collar. if i ran he'd trot bside me if i walked hed walk nd he walked str8 past de hay bale wit his nose on nmy shoulder!!!!! nd i was told id nvr jump ovr 90cm nd he jumped 1.40m!!!!!!!!!!!!!! luv him 2 bits!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought this was a great thread. Hope no one minds the bump up, but maybe some of the newer members might have something to add.
Without doubt my favourite horse moment ever occurred on March 17, 2006 -- that was the day I brought Shakespeare home. It was the culmination of a lifetime dream to have a horse to call my own (though I'm sure he actually owns me!) and he was/is everything I could have hoped for. He is one of my greatest blessings: he keeps me grounded; keeps me sane and brings limitless joy into my life. Every moment with him has the potential to be a favourite horse moment. I hope that doesn't sound too over the top ... it's just how I feel.
Dorothy :-)
Hi Alexis, they are amazing and surprise us. Once the Appaloosa above, Robbie, passage thru a forest, thought he was being chased, what a feeling!!! He shouldn't know how to do that! Love them

RSS

The Rider Marketplace

International Horse News

Click Here for Barnmice Horse News

© 2024   Created by Barnmice Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service