how do you keep cats out of your barn? My barn is starting to stink pee. I do not feed them as I think they can live off of mice at the barns, there are 40 barns where we are. Some people feed them so I don't as I don't want them to not eat mice, but I find I am smelling a pee smell in the barn once in a while. The barns are not built to keep them out, so can't lock them out. Any suggestions. By the way the horse is still spooky , but seems to be getting better. I ordered the book how to train a spookmy horse, so hope that helps too. Thank=you everyone for your advice. Have a Great Day, Corrie

Views: 55

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a cat and not feeding them does not make them better hunters. Well fed cats are often better hunters as they have the energy to chase prey and it is done more as pleasure. Not sure about the pee thing I think you are smelling cat spray...which is the male cats marking their territory. If males are neutered early they often do not start spraying. Have heard of using sprays or citrus shavings to keep cats away, perhaps this will work around door ways etc... to keep them out of the barn. Good luck!
Yes it likely is cat spray as there are alot of cats out there, mostly wild cats. We try to catch some of them to take to the spca, but most are to wild to catch. Oh they are very well feed cats, About every second barns feed them ,I just gave up as I thought they were getting feed to well.Just about all of us have adopted some to our barns or have taken them home. I have a very lovable one that I took home for my little Yorkie to play with, they get along great. Thanks for your advise

RSS

The Rider Marketplace

International Horse News

Click Here for Barnmice Horse News

© 2024   Created by Barnmice Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service