Greetings!

New mouse here....is that masculine or feminine? Meece, mouses, mice...oh well.

Just found this site and wanted to introduce myself. Amateur rider/eventer with a rodeo background from living in Idaho. Firmly entrenched in the horse life of Lexington, Kentucky now, and knowledge of things to do while visiting for WEG. I am offering advice and suggestions to anyone who needs help finding information about what will be happening during WEG in 2010.

First, I was able to purchase my jumping package last week through a travel company here in the states (one is also in Great Britain but they don't count). The name of the company is called Active Travel Inc.

The website is: www.activeridingtrips.com

I know they sent out a huge Email blast last week and people on some of the other forums had received them, but I wasn't certain if the Barn Mice had yet.

There are a multitude of "non WEG" activities to participate in while in Lexington, but most may require some advance planning before they fill up. The list includes:

Visiting some of the high end horse farms.
Suggestions:
Three Chimney's Farm to see Smarty Jones and Big Brown.
Lane's End Farm.
Normandy Farm...where scenes from Sea Biscuit were filmed.

Woodford Reserve Bourbon Distillery...very old and very cool. Tours and samples. Lunch

Many wineries in the area. Suggestions: Talon Winery, Jean Farris and Equus. Jean Farris also has a top-notch bistro that is probably one of the best restaurants in Lexington.

Keeneland horse track. Will not be running until the very last weekend of WEG, but it is worth going out in the morning to watch the thundering thoroughbreds breezing the track. You have to see these stallions up close to appreciate them. Take the opportunity to walk around the back barn scene and then enjoy breakfast at the track kitchen. Hang out with the jockeys, farm hands and trainers for an unforgettable morning.

Enough for now. I'll check in regularly to see if anyone has any comments and feel free to ask if you have questions.

Happy Riding!

Views: 18

Reply to This

The Rider Marketplace

International Horse News

Click Here for Barnmice Horse News

© 2024   Created by Barnmice Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service