Rider Fitness and Health Contest! Win a $500 Fitness and Health Makeover!

We’re giving away two $500 Fitness and Health Makeovers in the next two weeks!

What do you do to stay fit when you’re not riding? Do you have great exercise or nutrition tips? What are your fitness goals?

Post your fitness tips, goals, challenges and ideas below and you’ll automatically be entered in our draw to win a fabulous fitness package!

A $250 shopping spree at the new Omega Alpha Store, where you’ll be able to choose from the incredible world-class supplements for yourself, your horses and even your pets! Click here to check out the new store. Good luck to the winners - it will be hard to choose from so many great products!

A $125 personalized exercise plan created for you by Claire Moscone-Biafore, Osteopath and Certified Athletic Therapist. Claire works with members of Canada’s Olympic gold medal women’s hockey team and we are thrilled that she is offering her time to help our two winners.

A $125 personalized nutrition plan created for you by Patti Bartsch, M.A., Ph.D. Patti is the founder and owner of Naturally Unbridled, a holistic life and wellness coaching company specializing in equestrian women.

Patti holds a Ph.D. in Natural Health & Wellness, a master’s degree in Biology and two undergraduate degrees in Animal Science. She also holds a certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition from Cornell University. A million thanks to Patti for providing your insights for our winners!

We’ll be doing our first draw on June 23, and the second on June 30.

We’ll be drawing from all the posts, so if you have lots of tips or fitness ideas to share, post as many times as you like. All of your posts will be included in our draws!

Good luck to all!!

*A quick thanks to Elizabeth Levitt, who intended to participate, but is unable to do so.

Views: 2499

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Using a stair or a raised platform can help lengthen your leg when in the stirrup.  Simply Place the balls of your feet on the edge of the stair and lower your heel of 10 seconds and then tip toe for 10 seconds.  Repeat 10 times and increase each day.

after suffering a serious injury to my back I gained a ton of weight both from the meds and the sudden change in lifestyle, I went from running and riding 6 day a week to a wheelchair. Now I'm fixed and regaining my life back, riding everyday is part of my theropy but I am quick to guess my mare wants me to loose weight much faster 'cause we play catch me if you can each day I come out to ride. It takes a good 20 plus minutes of chasing her around 10 acres of pasture each and everyday.

I thought I posted before but can not find it. I so want to get back inshape my daughter is getting married next year. I try to ride 5 day a week, in the winter when it is too cold to do so I swin at the club pool.

I addition to riding I noticed I 'm getting less flexiable than I was whrn I was younger, I sit at a desk infornt a computer all day long for work so yoga is a must. helps with he seat and the all around feeling better.
I have this goal to loose 50 lbs by next year, for my daughters wedding. Riding is my #1 form of exercise, I just read sitting on a ball burns calories and since I sit at a desk in front of a computer 9 hours 5 days a week  I'm going to get one and toss my chair. I try swimming, yoga and pilates. I took a ti chi class last year but the instructor made it misserable.  
bummer!  I love tai chi and can't find a class locally!  Good luck on prepping for your daughter's wedding!

We have a winner for our first week!  Congratulations to Stacy Sull!

One more draw coming up next Thursday, so keep your nutrition and fitness ideas coming!

Congratulations Stacy on winning!

I have a good tip to try.  Try eating small portions of food all day long instead of big meals at once.  This way you always feel full and your body can digest the food easily.  ALWAYS eat breakfast, and try not to eat a big dinner if one at all.  Eating late at night is not good because you are not as active as you were during the day and that food you just ate is sitting there turning into fat.

Until recently, I was doing pilates. I have added swimming and I notice a huge improvement in my energy!
I'm looking to get more fit and find more info on Yoga and Pilates.  Mucking and lugging water, hay, wheelbarrows from the stall help keep the strength but not the balance!
Fitness is a holistic concept for me. Body, mind and spirit. Flexibility, serenity and courage. A rider has to care for and about all three, simply because the horse does. Being 'healthy' is about being unaware of your body, so you can focus on the mind and spirit. Getting a good balance of nutrition, sleep, exercise and challenges is a good start.
I AM 66 YEAR OLD AND 3 TIMES A WEEK IT'S MY CARDIO IN THE POOL ( AQUA FITNESS IT'S VERY GOOD FOR THE ARTICULATION  WITH WATER RESISTANT, I WALK 45 MINUTES EVERYDAY TO GET TO THE TRAIN AND IN MY LUNCH HOUR I DO SOME WEIGHT LIFTING  OR PILATES ON THE BALL. LOT OF FRUIT AND VEGETABLES AND I MIX MY LEGUNINEUX (LENTIL AND BEAN WITH A LITTLE HAM STEAK )AND GOOD WATER EVERYDAY.LOT OF SALADE AND ALMOND AND NUTS  AND GOOD BREAK.

RSS

The Rider Marketplace

International Horse News

Click Here for Barnmice Horse News

© 2024   Created by Barnmice Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service