"Untitled 2007" by Italian artist Maurizio Cattelan -What do you think of this art?

This art is one of the most emailed photos on the web. What do you think?

Views: 847

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Think it's a gross defilement of this horse's remains. (I'm assuming this from Dorothy's comment) Some of these "artists" use art as an excuse to do stupid stuff like this. Let's see him try it with a human body!
What's truly disturbing, yet intriguing, is that artists have done this sort of thing with human bodies.

And I thoroughly agree with you.
discusting I would take it down and would not show it. what was the guy thinking? Maybe we should hang him like that.
It's disgusting. Thank goodness I don't have to pretend to admire this sort of degrading s*** to pose as some sort of intellectual.
...art??? ....well maybe to some people....this seems as pointless as the stack of bricks that sat in the London UK gallery many years ago...."artists are desperately grasping for anything to be categorized as "art". ????
...the point being???????
I'd say its photoshopped, and this artist stinks!!
Sorry-----not to my taste. The face is 80% of the horse. It's a negative piece of work, the poor horse is 'stuck' somewhere, doomed for eternity.
Tells you something about the artist, doesn't it ... doesn't all art?
Ok, I may be the only person here to really like this piece of work and to think of it as art!
Here's what I like about it...
To me it looks like the horse has jumped up to look outside its four walls and see what's on the other side. It makes me think about the horse's natural sense of curiosity. It also makes me a bit sad because it reminds me that we keep horses in stalls, and I think about how they stretch and crane their necks to look out at somewhere they can't get to.
The great thing about art is that it evokes a lot of strong personal emotion. I think this piece accomplishes that.
That can't be real, I'm guessing it's photoshopped. There is no way the body could be supported in that position. I see no obvious signs of support from above it.
I think it was done with fibreglass, which is why it's so light. It's on exhibit in Venice right now.

RSS

The Rider Marketplace

International Horse News

Click Here for Barnmice Horse News

© 2024   Created by Barnmice Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service