Source:  News Release

Tracy Fenney wins the $50,000 HITS Grand Prix, presented by Pfizer Animal Health as competitors from coast-to-coast return to HITS-on-the-Hudson for the Pfizer Million

SAUGERTIES, NEW YORK (September 5, 2011) Tracy Fenney of Flower Mound, Texas captured the $10,000 Brook Ledge Open Welcome on Wednesday aboard MTM Farm’s MTM Centano at HITS-on-the-Hudson and rode to victory again on Sunday. After a win in the $50,000 HITS Grand Prix, presented by Pfizer Animal Health aboard MTM Farm’s MTM Timon, Fenney continues to make Texas proud as the road to the Pfizer Million nears its end.

© ESI Photography. Tracy Fenney on course with MTM Farm's MTM Timon in Sunday's $50,000 HITS Grand Prix, presented by Pfizer Animal Health.

Fenney was one of 37 competitors on Sunday’s course designed by acclaimed international course designer Olaf Petersen Sr. of Paehl, Germany. After the first round, six returned for the jump-off, with Fenney saving her best trip for last.

“Last year when I came to Saugerties for the Pfizer Million it was my first time here and I was very impressed,” said Fenney. “So I am excited to be back here again, especially for the Pfizer Million. A lot of good people showed today and when Olaf [Petersen Sr.] is the course designer you know it’s going to be a very competitive class.”

Starting the jump-off was St. Charles, Illinois native Kristen VanderVeen, making a return to HITS-on-the-Hudson. VanderVeen wasted no time in setting the fault-free Great American Time to Beat at 41.367 seconds aboard Bull Run’s La Bamba, owned by the Bull Run Jumpers One, LLC.

“La Bamba has been jumping so well lately, I’m really happy with how it went today,” said VanderVeen. “We won a big Grand Prix together a few weeks ago so I was excited to bring her here to Saugerties where the competition is really good.”

VanderVeen and Bull Run’s La Bamba would ultimately finish third in the ribbons.

Second to show was Marie Hecart of Wellington, Florida aboard Myself De Breve, owned by Haras De La Roque. The team accumulated numerous ribbons so far this year during the HITS-on-the-Hudson summer series and looked to add another one to their collection. Hecart also produced a clear round in 42.738 seconds to sit behind VanderVeen .

Sunday’s class was host to many West Coast competitors who have their sights set on the Pfizer Million. Karen Cudmore of Omaha, Nebraska, a regular competitor at the HITS Desert Circuit in Thermal, California, returned to HITS-on-the-Hudson and found herself in Sunday’s jump-off. Cudmore, aboard Blair Cudmore’s Ceonto, posted a time of 42.297 seconds, however, a rail down at the in-and-out combination would put the team in sixth place.

Another HITS Thermal competitor, Duncan McFarlane of San Ramon, California posted a clear round in the jump-off with a time of 43.205 seconds aboard Mr. Whoopy, owned by Simone Coxe. The duo finished in fifth place.

Second to last in the jump-off was Karen Polle of New York, New York aboard her own What Ever. Polle took over the lead after posting an impressive time of 39.829 seconds.

Fenney, a HITS Ocala regular was the final trip of the day in the Strongid® C 2X Stadium.
“After we watched Karen [Polle] go we said, well, I guess we can all go home now,” said Fenney’s husband and Grand Prix veteran Mike McCormick. “Tracy said she was too tired to go that fast.”

Fenney and MTM Timon proved him wrong, finishing the jump-off in 39.816 seconds, a shade faster than Polle for an exciting and triumphant victory.

“It was really muggy today and, I admit, I think we over warmed up in the schooling ring, so we were both pretty tired,” said Fenney. “I was a little worried that we weren’t going to have the speed to win today. We watched Karen go in the nine stride and we just cut it a little wider because Timon has such a big step. I did a neat, thrifty turn with him and didn’t waste any space at the in-and-out. We were belly down in the last three but Timon always pumps – I’m really happy with how we did today.”

High-Performance riders will have one final opportunity this week to qualify for the Pfizer Million when the $30,000 Pfizer Million Wild Card Qualifier, presented by Pfizer Animal Health will take place on Friday. Then, superstars from around the world collide on Sunday when the Pfizer $1 Million Grand Prix and Diamond Mills $500,000 Hunter Prix Final will make history as the richest day in show jumping. To cap the day, Motown legends The Temptations will be live in a finale concert.

HITS, Inc. produces high-quality, international-level hunter/jumper horse shows. Based in upstate New York in the village of Saugerties, HITS has been producing shows since 1982 and is now a nationwide company with world-class circuits in California, Florida, Arizona, New York and Virginia. In 2010, HITS took the industry to new heights when it hosted the first-ever Pfizer $1 Million Grand Prix. HITS will once again offer the most innovative weekend in show jumping history in 2011 when it hosts the second annual Pfizer Million and the inaugural Diamond Mills $500,000 Hunter Prix Final, September 10-11, at HITS-on-the-Hudson in Saugerties, New York.

For more information and a complete schedule of classes and events, visit www.HitsShows.com. Stay connected with HITS, join us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter!

$50,000 HITS Grand Prix, presented by Pfizer Animal Health

MTM Timon MTM Farm Tracy Fenney $15,000
What Ever Karen Polle Karen Polle $11,000
Bull Run's La Bamba Bull Run Jumpers One, LLC. Kristen VanderVeen $6,500
My Self De Breve Haras De La Roque Marie Hecart $4,000
Mr. Whoopy Simone Coxe Duncan McFarlane $3,000
Ceonto Blair Cudmore Karen Cudmore $2,500
Sweetheart Candy Tribble & Windsor Show Stables, Inc. Todd MInikus $2,000

Wadisson Nicole Toma & Apex Equestrian Center Matthias Hollberg $1,500

Caballo Helen McNaught Showjumping, LLC Helen McNaught $1,500

Marvelous 6 Elizabeth Bates Ainsley Vince $1,000

Executive Privilege 3E King Ridge Stables Hugh Graham $1,000