Lake Placid Horse Shows: Laura Chapot Wins $100,000 Woodlea Farms Adirondack Grand Prix to Culminate Lake Placid's New Adirondack Horse Show

Source:  News Release/Starting Gate Communications

Laura Chapot Wins $100,000 Woodlea Farms Adirondack Grand Prix to Culminate
Lake Placid's New Adirondack Horse Show

Lake Placid, New York-Laura Chapot of Neshanic Station, NJ, and Quointreau Un Prince won the $100,000 Woodlea Farms Adirondack Grand Prix Saturday to culminate the inaugural Adirondack Horse Show, Presented by Sea Shore Stables.

Chapot was one of four entries from the starting field of 19 to reach the jump-off by riding without penalty over the 16-jump, first-round course designed by Pierre Jolicoeur. Julie Welles went first over the eight-jump, jump-off course and set the mark to beat with a clean round in 39.723 seconds on Ramses Du Lavillon, owned by Missy Clark.

Two rides later, Chapot dropped Welles to second place when she rode her 10-year-old, Selle Francais gelding which she owns with McLain Ward to a clean ride in a blazing 36.986 seconds. Kelsey Thatcher followed with a four-fault ride in 37.385 seconds on Athena to take third place with fourth place going to Paul O'Shea who finished the jump-off with eight faults in 37.128 seconds on Primo De Revel.

Laura Chapot and Quointreau Un Prince

(c) The Book LLC

"With the fast horses we had in the jump-off, I felt that I had to go all out," Chapot said. "I thought I lost a little time early so I tried to pick it up and go as fast as I could over the rest of the course."

The Grand Prix win, Chapot's third in Lake Placid following wins on Aiko in 1996 and Little Big Man in 2004, capped off an incredible three weeks at the Lake Placid Horse Shows where she won featured classes every day. "I really don't think I'll ever have another series like I did this year," she said. "It just doesn't happen. It was just an amazing three weeks in Lake Placid and I am so thankful for how well it worked out."

Laura Chapot receives her awards after her Grand Prix win

(c) The Book LLC

In a special presentation prior to the Grand Prix, Dennis Sisco was honored with the Lora Schultz Award, given for outstanding performance in the Hunter Ring combined with excellence in turnout and sportsmanship.  The award was established in memory of longtime Lake Placid Horse Show competitor and supporter Lora Schultz.

Dennis Sisco receives the Lora Schultz Award from Lake Placid Horse Show Chairman Richard Feldman; Sisco's trainers Joanne Kovacs and John Williams are on right.

(c) The Book LLC

The inaugural Adirondack Horse Show culminated three consecutive weeks of horse shows at the North Elba Show Grounds in Lake Placid. The three-week horse show series hosts all levels of competition, from those just beginning their riding careers on ponies all the way up to Olympic veterans and grand prix competitors, vying for over $750,000 in prize money.

Other feature class winners on the final day of Lake Placid's three weeks of horse shows include:

• Victoria Colvin in the Kathy Scholl Equitation Classic presented by Kate Levy & Family

• Brianne Link on E Bay in the $10,000 Whiteface Mountain Junior Jumper Classic

• Catherine Tyree on Wetter in the $10,000 FarmVet Amateur-Owner Jumper Classic

• Victoria Birdsall on Hey Jude in the Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort Adult Jumper Classic

• Madison Charlton on Petit Flipper in the $3,000 Price Chopper Children's Jumper Classic

• Kenzie Snyder on Waterloo in the Low Amateur-Owner Jumper Classic

• Sima Moegello on Quandorette Z in the Low Junior Jumper Classic

• Jimmy Torano on Just Sayin in the $5,000 USHJA National Hunter Derby

A generous thank you to this year's sponsors including: 17 Hands Gallery; Adirondack Flying Service; Adirondack Life; Adirondacks 4-Season Guide; Animal Planet; Anonymous; Kevin Babington; Bainbridge Farms, LLC; Beacon Hill Horse Transportation, Inc.; Beval Saddlery, Ltd.; Bridleplates; Brook Ledge, Inc.; Debbie & Jim Burrows; C.M. Hadfield's Saddlery, Inc.; Carr-Hughes Productions; Casella Waste Management; Jane Forbes Clark; CMJ Sporthorse; Community Bank, NA; Crowne Plaza Resort & Golf Club, Lake Placid; Dartbrook Rustic Goods; David R. Fowler Custom Tack Trunks; Deeridge Farms; Der-Dau Custom Made Boots; Devoucoux, Inc.; Eastern Hay & Grain; Equifit, Inc.; Equestrian Services International, LLC (ESI); FarmVet Inc.; Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort; Hampton Inn; Hannaford Supermarkets; Hendricks Gin; James Harpel; High Peaks Cyclery; High Peaks Resort; Hollow Brook Wealth Management, LLC; The Hooker Family; Horse Watch; Horseshoe Trail Farm, LLC; Hunt LTD; J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines; Jamaica Tent Company; Juliam Farm; Lake Placid CVB; Lake Placid Lodge; Lake Placid Summit Resort Hotel & Suites; Kate Levy & Family; Dan Lufkin; Michael Morrissey Enterprises, LLC; Mirror Lake Inn/The Cottage Café; Mountain Horse; North Star; Northwoods Inn; On A Fence Designs; ORDA - Whiteface Mountain; Pepsi Beverages Company; Price Chopper; Purina Animal Nutrition; Quiet Hill Farm; KJ Robinson; Ruthie's Run; Sage Hill Farm; Sand Castle Farm; Santa's Workshop; Michael Schultz; Sea Shore Stables, LLC; Sidelines; Dennis Sisco & Alexine Lesko; Storm Ridge Capital; Stretton Enterprises, Inc.; The Brown Dog Deli & Wine Bar; The Clothes Horse; The Tack Shelter; The Whiteface Lodge; The Wild Center; Town of North Elba Park District; Village of Lake Placid; Woodlea Farms; WPTZ News Channel 5; WNBZ Home of the Morning News & Rock 105. Special event sponsors include: Hannaford Supermarkets (Horse Club Junior Day & Walking Tours); Beval Saddlery, LTD (Golf Tournament); Animal Planet and The Brown Dog Deli & Wine Bar (Doggie Costume Contest); Horse Watch (Short Stirrup Clinics); Juliam Farm (Leadline Class); Santa's Workshop (Leadline Class); C.M. Hadfield's Saddlery (Parade of Champions); Beval Saddlery, LTD (Parade of Champions); The Clothes Horse (Parade of Champions).

Further information on the Lake Placid Horse Shows presented by Sea Shore Stables, LLC is available by calling the Lake Placid Horse Show Association at 518-523-9625 or online at www.lakeplacidhorseshow.com.

Barnmice News story brought to you by:

Everything Horse Related: Apple Saddlery

Views: 294

The Rider Marketplace

International Horse News

Click Here for Barnmice Horse News

© 2024   Created by Barnmice Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service