Hi,
My name is Gary and I am new to the group :-) I started riding late in life (3 years ago at the young age of 46) and have been competing this year on school horses for the first time. Although only up to prelim level, I have had a lot of fun and success. 5 shows, nine classes and have not been out of the top 6. The horses I ride are not dressage horses, one is a genuine school horse of advanced years and the other is a part livery, but hey we are out there and loving every moment :-)

Views: 50

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Gary, Welcome to the most delightful of all obsessions. I have a friend I started in dressage about 10 years ago. He was riding school horses and owned a sweet little arab. Today he's winning everything on a fancy warmblood he bought and has moved up the ladder to either 2nd or 3rd level. Keep up the good work!
Laura Coffey
Thank you for the greeting Laura. I do not intend to buy my own horse as I cannot dedicate the time I would need to in order to build a full relationship and give the horse the respect, time and energy it would deserve. So the challenge for me is to be the best rider I can be on any horse, in a safe way :-)
Hi Gary

Good for you. I started riding at 47 for the first time in my life. Prior to that I barely new horses existed. Once I was in the saddle, it was hard to get off. I am still on 11 years later, with my own horse and doing some dressage competitions. I consider getting into riding, one of the best decisions I ever made in my life.

Cheers
Hey Gary! Isn't showing so much fun! I started back riding 2 years ago, I am 46.
Enjoy your newest adventure and the club of horse friends you will grow to know!

RSS

The Rider Marketplace

International Horse News

Click Here for Barnmice Horse News

© 2024   Created by Barnmice Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service