I wanted to know what disipline everyone rides.

Views: 203

Replies to This Discussion

english-eventing
I am an adult novice rider. I mostly ride English and am learning Dressage - hoping to enter some Dressage shows this summer. (I'm open to tips on Dressage!) I have two rather green Gypsy Vanner mares that I hope to show. I also trail ride and drive my horses. When I don't have time to ride I just love to hang out in the barn and pasture.
I ride english/jumper, hunter and a little bit of dressage (mostly jumper)
i live in new zealand (was born, raised and rode in ontario). i now ride only dressage, and have fulfilled my dream of breeding a hanoverian and will start her registered showing this sunday in dressage. so far she has done really well in unregd. she will be 4 jan 27-my mum's birthday.
I ride English - some Dressage, more Hunter now. Love it!!
I ride both english & western (trails), although I haven't "truly" ridden western :( in years as I work at a dressage barn & my own horses are english broke.
i ride mainly dressage. i do some hacking and used to also event and do show hunter. we go to breed classes at local fairs also. in the old days i rode western-showed equitation, western riding etc. and often think think i should go back to western.
English, mostly show jumping but am going to focus mostly on Dressage and a bit of cross country.
Western all the way baby!!
I like to do a little bit of everything, I have done some local team roping and team penning, played polo throughout ontario, manitoba and quebec, fox hunted, a little reining, and some skijoring with friends and family. Most of my riding activity these days is limited to trail riding. I might mention I have done all this on the same horse.
Your horses discipline is only limited by your imagination. Not all horses are going to be great at everything but I haven't ridden one that can't be good at more then one thing.
Trying new things keeps riding fresh and fun for you and your horse.
I showed dressage alot and I am now hoping to take my mare in some jumper/hunter classes this year!
I ride hunter and a bit of jumper! I also do a western show here and there but its mostly for fun.

RSS

The Rider Marketplace

International Horse News

Click Here for Barnmice Horse News

© 2024   Created by Barnmice Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service