Hello Everyone,

I’m Lesley Bruce of the judetoo greetings cards www.judetoo.com yes, yes I know it, well, needs updating but you will taste the flavour) I’m writing a book......."The Ways"..... Please don’t groan....

The book’s mission by means of stealth and cunning is to bring to consciousness of Jo Public the treatment of animals in our modern world; for starters highlighting diabolical transportation conditions of horses (and other animals) on their journeys to the killing rooms.

It always peeves me that despite all the stomach churning events endured by the brave activists who gather evidence of ongoing atrocities, their work is NEVER in the main media for more than a moment, and when does one EVER see it on prime time television???

IT'S AS IF THEY SAY

"OOOOH, WE CAN'T UPSET THE PUNTERS."

"WELL BAH!!"

hence the need of “cunning-stealth”.

SO my book is a mystical fantasy adventure, can't possibly describe, you’ll need read, . but please no slapped wrist for bad spelling and the like, I'm only an illustrator.

The tale weaves round actual events, there to point the finger...ooops! this is reality??? (loads of research needed there got to get my facts right)

To generate interest am thinking to illustrate the story as I go along then make illustrations into a new JudeToo range of cards with a view to publishing book at later date.

What Trish Cohen (Tish you have gained an ardent fan your writing style is soooooo good, love it) is doing with her blog is really interesting would love to explore those possibilities and know how it all works,

any input from you would be hugely appreciated,
Being a barnmice newby am fumbling round trying to find how to send private emails.. Gasp!!! ...... I’d like to send you lot at horse welfare the story so far - toe in the water job, you know!!!...... someone hold my hand please.

Salutations, Lesley

Views: 89

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Lesly,
The person who started this group is at Triple Horse Welfare and I believe is based in Australia. You might want to send her a private email by clicking on "Send a message" on her personal page, or you can just leave something on her comment wall. Maybe she will announce on and off this site that you will be writing some excerpts from your upcoming book on this group page.
Hope this is helpful!
Thanks Barbara, will do that.

Do you know the protocol for posting the story here on Barnmice, and how the copyright is protected, perhaps i should ask admin that?, never done this before.

Yes it is helpful
Hi Erin,

You must think me so rude so much time has passed since you replied to my disscussion. I am very sorry please accept my apologies.

Read your reply when in a rush, then on coming back to respond couldn't find it again . --- Gasp!! ... I must be blind or something, here it is in my face. Forgive me, hopefully my navigation skills will improve. I looked for it many times.

It's nice to have encouragement, being a writer yourself you know how writers and artists really do need and appreciate it.

This very moment am updating my site (it will be going live very soon, it is a massive task my eyes are square) there will be a page for the book, to put a toe in the water and feel the way to go.

What are you writing at the moment?

Must go now, as usual too much to do and in a rush AGAIN!!

Thanks for replying
Cheers Lesley
Hi, I'm Cathy, I live in Southern Ireland, and until a couple of months ago was managing a small Equine Rescue Centre. One of our fundraising merchandise was the Jude Too series of cards, so I am delighted to hear that Lesley is writing a book about Equine Welfare. I have lots of sad and happy stories from the 3 years I spent in Equine Rescue, and would be happy to share some of them with Lesley to help with the book. He's right, the sad cases hardly ever make top headlines, and then they are forgotten quickly. Which author said 'Human kind cannot bear too much reality'? I think thats so true, or at least humans don't want to see the bad side of their own nature - we all have a bad side. I'm also surprised that every Mouse on this site isn't involved in Welfare discussion - lets try and recruit a few more!!!!!!!
Cathy
I totally agree with the ending notation written above. Why are so many so called horse lovers NOT interested in this subject. If those that are passionate about horses don't do something, at least what they can....who the heck will?! I have had an abused scared horse that I loved very much but did not own 'monetarily' taken away to find he was sent to horse slaughter. I'd been told he had gone to be a pasture buddy. My gut told me something was really wrong but by the time I got those involved to tell me the truth it was to late to help my equine friend. So besides my love for animals I do have a special interest in this issue. If a horse does actually have to be put down there has got to better ways of doing this then the brutal treatment of horse shipping and slaughter. I realize we can't feed all the poor unwanted horses and I do not want to see them starving and uncared for but let's have some responsibility here.
I have taken four trips out west in the USA in the past 2 years and have spent a great deal of time on the road in search of wild horses. The BLM posts maps of where horse herds are located but when we went to some of those locations there was no horses to be seen. We found "0". I asked MANY local people where we might go to view some and were told that they just don't see them any more. Then I find that many, at least 30,000 are being held in pens with the BLM. They were rounded up off the open ranges. According to the information I've seen this situation was suppose to last three months and it has now been three years! Now they are claiming they don't have enough money to feed them and want to slaughter them. My understanding is that it was not for lack of food but the future 'possibility' of something happening in nature that they wouldn't have enough food. So then they should do something when and if it is necessary. Horses are part of nature and part of our history and deserve MUCH better protection and management. It appears to me that there is a lot of greed going on here & that ranchers will monetarily benefit from being able to use this land for their privately owned cattle rather then for the public owned horses. I hope the attempts my Mrs. Pickens (I hope I got this name right) will be successful and a sanctuary will be created for the wild horses and they can be released. There are many ways that this could be done in a manner that money could be made to help with the expenses of this program. Some states are already doing it successfully.
Spread the word and get those inclined to help to get informed and active in ways that will help these wonderful creatures.
Hi Lesley
This sounds like a much needed book! I look forward to hearing more about it!
Cathy :)

RSS

The Rider Marketplace

International Horse News

Click Here for Barnmice Horse News

© 2024   Created by Barnmice Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service