I have been watching the live streaming of the dressage from Lingen.

I am devastated to see Helgstrand's Casmir. What used to be such a fabulous athlete with 'schwung', self-carriage and an expression of 'wow, how good I am' seems now an extinguished, over-ridden 'has been'. What a terrible, terrible shame - such a young, wonderful little horse.
I wish somebody would give him a break and allow him the time to mend his nerves and his body, giving him a chance to perform as he could.

Views: 30

Replies to This Discussion

Where were you watching the streaming? I wonder if the ride is archived, as I would be interested in watching it. I am not very familiar with this horse, but of course, was mezmerized by his mare. Is this the horse he would now wish to take to Hong Kong? How old is the horse?

On another point, as an amateur, if your horse is very generous and willing, how can you judge when you are pushing him too much?
Exactly my point too at the World Cup Finals.

Read the articles here:
www.eurodressage.com/reports/shows/2008/08wcf

Astrid
I think you are being a little unfair to Andreas, although I can see some of your points.

There are some interesting videos from Andreas' clinics at the Stallion Approval in 2006 here:

http://www.heste-nettet.dk/video/kaaring2007/index.php?group=Cliniq...

It's interesting because you can see how he trains the horses of different ages :-)

Cat

RSS

The Rider Marketplace

International Horse News

Click Here for Barnmice Horse News

© 2024   Created by Barnmice Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service