The Australian equestrian magazine "The Horse Magazine" and the Australian Equestrian Federation (EFA) are engaged in a fierce polemic over the selection of the Australian Olympic Dressage Team. Chris Hector of the Horse Magazine does not understand why the combination Heath Ryan-Regardez Moi are not considered for a team place despite its high (67%) scores achieved at the CDI-W Sydney for instance.

Hector wrote an editorial in The Horse Magazine that upset the EFA:

Read the whole article at:
http://www.eurodressage.com/reports/shows/2008/08og/australia_uproa...

Discuss this topic here on Barnmice

Views: 26

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Chris,

Yes, Heath Ryan is a fine rider and deserves to be selected, no question but I truly believe you are missing the big picture. You seem to be overly concerned about which horse Heath will ride for the Olympics. Also your comparisons between European percentage points and Australian points are way off the mark. Everyone knows you can discount your shinning Australia score by 5% - 7% and struggle towards the rear of the pack. Australian points are really gained from a National competition as you haven't go a true International field challenging you. The Big Picture is International competition, on a weekly or monthly basis against riders you'll meet at the next Olympics, WEG or World Cup. Until Australia produces a rider capable of a consistent 70% on the European CDi circuit, there is no need to fight over who is top of the dung heap in Australia.

I do on the other hand agree with your comments about the EFA as until they start spending the same amount of dollars on personal as owner's spend on horses, the situation will remain the same.

I wish Heath all the best which ever horse he rides.
Thanks for your input Gary. I have been trying to follow this story, but it is quite complicated and there seems to already be bad feelings between Heath Ryan and the EFA. Here in Canada, we have just finished a law suit between some of the riders and Equine Canada. The heat is rising everywhere!

RSS

The Rider Marketplace

International Horse News

Click Here for Barnmice Horse News

© 2024   Created by Barnmice Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service