Goals: When you begin to start thinking about making a musical freestyle or Kur for you and your horse, you should have some clear goals in mind before you get started. You must be able to answer some questions.
1.What will this musical freestyle be used for?
2. What level will you be competing with this music?
3.What type of competition will you be competing in? ( Local or USDF or FEI or National or International?)
4. Have you ever competed with a musical Freestyle before?
5. Have you fulfilled you proficiency requirements for competing in the level you wish to?
6. Are you aware of the requirements for the freestyle you would like to prepare?
7. Are you aware of your horses strengths and weaknesses?
8, If you are an amateur, do you have a trainer who can help you make decisions and give you feedback on correct tempo for your horse?
9. What kind of horse do you ride?
10. Are there any outstanding characteristics about you or you horse that would help your selection of music?
11. Do you have any instincts or ideas about what kind of music will suite your partnership?
12.What age group do you fall in? (Jr. or Young Rider, Open or Vintage Cup?)