All Discussions Tagged 'bits' (8)

Barnmice Horse Forums Replies Latest Activity

Bitless Bridles ....how do they work for you?

Hi all!  I'm considering trying a bitless bridle - and am wondering a few things!  What are your thoughts on this:  What level of control d…

Started by Holly Cox

16 Sep 13, 2011
Reply by Jennifer Clark Questa

Bitless bridles

Does anyone have any experience with bitless bridles?  I am interested in buying one, and would like to know of any experiences that any of…

Started by Elaine Flintoff

45 Sep 14, 2010
Reply by kathy hellyer

Bits & the horse's mouth

Here's a link to Equine Ink about bits and the anatomy of the horse's mouth. It's brief, but looks like more will be forthcoming. At the bo…

Started by Susan Schreyer

5 Aug 24, 2010
Reply by EvaZ

Western Riders: Spade Bit?

For all of you western riders out there - what is your take on the spade bit? Do you like it? Do you hate it? What is the purpose of it, in…

Started by Ashley

8 Jul 23, 2010
Reply by Cheryl A. Harless

Thoughts on the french link?

Who has experience with the french link snaffle? What are your thoughts on it, and what are the mechanics of it? Pros, cons?

Started by Ashley

5 Jul 3, 2010
Reply by Jan Jollymour

Help: advice needed for sensitive mare!

Please can anyone help regarding bitting a v sensitive connemara mare who fights the bit & tanks off unless ridden on the buckle (&…

Started by helen whittle

4 Jun 4, 2010
Reply by Jackie Cochran

Wellep bit

I just found out about this bit.  Has anyone used one?  Can anyone tell me about it?   

Started by Jackie Cochran

11 Jun 2, 2010
Reply by Jackie Cochran

Bits - need help and some advise.

I have a 17.2hh, 9 year old TB Gelding, I've been trying to get just the right bit! He works wonderful in the Happy Mouth Broken Pelham but…

Started by x.comehomefriday.x

22 Jan 16, 2010
Reply by A_Sassy_Temptation

RSS

The Rider Marketplace

International Horse News

Click Here for Barnmice Horse News

© 2024   Created by Barnmice Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service