Ok, here is my very own "cheap and cheerful" version of an expensive product on the market that removes manure stains...

1 bottle of rubbing alcohol
1 bottle of water
1/8 cup of GREEN Palmolive Dish Soap
(HAS to be the GREEN one!!!!)
Mix in a spray container
Spray on the manure stain spot then wipe with a damp well wrung out sponge. Rinse sponge clean and wipe again.
The stain should come right out. If it is REALLY bad you might need to apply the remover once more.
I made up this recipe after
guessing what was in an expensive store product and we used this on two pure white geldings for years before their shows - it worked like magic!
You must rinse your sponges nice and clean as you go though, a dirty sponge on a white spot will leave a yellow tinge!!

Views: 5457

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Too bad I didn't have this recipe when I had my dapple green...er...dapple gray a few years back!
LMAO!!!
what is palmolive dish soap - do you mean washing up liquid? Trying to find a UK equivalent so I can make a batch of this for my mothers grey mare :-)
Yes, washing up liquid for you Brits! I would hope that any green washing up liquid would do it - give it a go! Try a good brand.
Green Fairy Liquid is pretty much the same. It's made by the same company
Use Fairy Liquid Love! It's similar to Palmolive. :)
SWEET i got a blueroan gelding and no matter if hes got leg wraps and a blanket on i get to the barn in the morning and hes got a green his blaze his sock everything i don't know how he does it he only does it the night before shows too go figure sweet thanks this will be awesome i'm usually trying to scrub his green spots early in the morning but sweet deal :)
I will have to try this! My white mare always seems to find the dirtiest places to roll!
If only this would get the spots out of my rug! ;)
This really works! I have used it for years on my mostly white Gypsy Vanners. Another tip: instead of trying to thoroughly rinse a sponge, have a heap of clean, terry cloth rags(old towels) handy. Wet them, wring out and fold into sponge-size squares. I scrub the spot and keep turning and refolding towel until all sides are soiled then I get a clean one.
Definatly worth giving a shot! With the show season fast approaching I'll be sure to keep a link to this handy and give it a try on my big gray guy!
How big of a bottle of alchol and water? how much spray conditioner?

RSS

The Rider Marketplace

International Horse News

Click Here for Barnmice Horse News

© 2024   Created by Barnmice Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service