I was poking around an old book shop the other day, when I found a lovely little book called In Praise of Horses. I have to share some of the prose . " I say to parents, especialy wealthy parents, "Don't give your son money. As far as you can afford it, give him horses." No one ever came to grief-- except honourable grief-- through riding horses . No hour of life is lost that is spent in the saddle. Young men have often been ruined through owning horses, or through backing horses , but never through riding them: unless, of course, they break their necks , which, taken at a gallop, is a very good death to die." Winston Churchhill. One more . The air of heaven is that which blows between a horses ears . If anyone has any more of these feel free to add

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Nobility without pride, friendship without envy...beauty without vanity.
...There is nothing so powerful, nothing less violent; there is nothing so quick, nothing more patient."

Ronald Duncan
To the Horse
Gipsy gold does not clink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark
No sport that does not involve the companionship of a horse can be as good as one that does. C.B. Fry.
In case no one noticed, horses are and were very important to the world.
"A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse!"
A canter is a cure for every evil; Disraeli
Geoffrey, those are wonderful quotations! I love them all, and these ones everyone else has added, what a great idea for a forum! thank you
Thanks Sandy, here's another; Men are better when riding, more just and more understanding, and more alert and more at ease and more under-taking, and better knowing of all countries and all passages; in short and long all good customs and manners cometh thereof, and the health of man and of his soul. Edward Plantagenet, Duke of York.
May not be as prophetic, but here's one that came my way this morning:
May your stomach never grumble. May your heart never ache. May your horse never stumble. May your cinch never break.

RSS

The Rider Marketplace

International Horse News

Click Here for Barnmice Horse News

© 2024   Created by Barnmice Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service