"Untitled 2007" by Italian artist Maurizio Cattelan -What do you think of this art?

This art is one of the most emailed photos on the web. What do you think?

Views: 847

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I really don't think this is photoshopped. Check out the way the front feet are dangling from the forelegs. It's unnatural. It indicates that the tendons have been severed, or removed, as would be the case in taxadermy. If only the skin and perhaps skeleton of the carcass are used, it would be very easy to support the structure from within with a brace set into the wall, probably where the neck meets the wall.

Although, this just made me think of something. Typically, when a taxadermied animal is hanging on the wall, all you see is the head, or perhaps the head and neck. When I walk into hunting lodges, I often get the impression that the deer, elk, or moose heads are staring at me imploringly, even though I know the eyes have been removed and replaced with glass. With that in mind, it's interesting that only the head is missing, and the animal "has it's back turned" to the viewer. Perhaps the "artist" is trying to say he has a sense of humor. It's still a bit sick.
Maybe I am stupid, but that does not do anything to me but giving me the shivers
Could it possibly be showing our world today? People are so wrapped up in everyday life that they don't see the horrors going on around them? Horses are being slaughtered and herded up by helicoptors and run to death and the world goes on as if it's unaware.
It also looks to me like the horse might be trying to escape to the extent that it is hurting itself and no one cares.
These thoughts come from a mind that is already very bothered by how mankind is allowing horses to be treated in such inhumane ways.
I have no idea how to study or understand this kind of art but I don't seem to be alone here. I know I don't like it.
How creepy and sad is this?! Horrible!
Is it a real horse? It doesn't really look like it.
To me it looks like an over exagerated image of a goofy horse that jumped up to investigate a hole and got stuck......
At least I hope its not a real horse... it doesn't really hang like I would think one would (not that I really think about that) also, I'm sure the SPCA and other groups wouldn't stand for that.
Dang......can someone prop that ladder back up. Oh wait were not doing the caption contest? Ok.

Yeah I've seen these type before. There was one at a gallery when we had a school excursion and everone was giving me heaps being the horsey one. I dunno. I like art but only when I understand it
NOT "ART" AT ALL...IT'S JUST PLAIN STUPID,MEANINGLESS, AND A HORRIBLE, DISRESPECTFUL USE OF A CORPSE. THE MORON WHO PUT THIS TOGETHER SHOULD HAVE HIS/HER HEAD EXAMINED. HOW 'BOUT WE PUT HIS/HER HEAD UP UP THERE INSTEAD OF THE HORSE?!
I just don't have an appreciation for art, I guess. Too busy mucking stalls, mowing hay, hauling feed bags and shavingss, making dinner, washing clothes ,vacuuming, working full time etc. ...to stand around art galleries gawking with people with thier noses stuck up in the air. I live in the real world where sticking a dead horse in a wall is just a complete and total waste of time. Send this artist to my place and I will give him something productive to do with his time.
quite scary but I'll bet thats the exact reaction he was looking for

RSS

The Rider Marketplace

International Horse News

Click Here for Barnmice Horse News

© 2024   Created by Barnmice Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service