Life Hacks for Riding Schools
Stand out from the crowd by adding extra services and promotions for your clients.
Its as easy as looking through your phone book.
- Ask your local tack store to give your clients a discount - I am sure if you were sending all your new riders their way to get kitted out they would be more than happy to oblige.
- invite a medic to come and talk to your clients about safety and what to do in case of emergencies.
- Put a kettle and packets of hot chocolate / paper cups in the tack room - operate on an honour payment system.
- Offer "Riding school Picture days" this not only provides them with the opportunity to get professional portraits with their favourite horse - but has great PR value as they show of the pictures to their friends. www.asharperimage.photostockplus.com for details.
- The parents of "new riders" are very often also new to horses - provide them with an info pack on what to expect and how to safely work around horses. What we think is obvious to new horse folk just isn't. This may require a little bit of work - but it means you don't have to answer the same questions over and over.
*If your indoor arena has a viewing gallery - put out some blankets for parents to put over their laps - it gets very chilly when you are sitting there for an hour waiting for your child.
These are just a few small changes that will make your customer service remarkable - in other words - with remarking on.
We all know word of mouth advertising is the best - so give your clients something to talk about.
If you would like more marketing tips - order a copy of
“How to put butts in Seats and saddles” by Linda Finstad
available from www.theHorseWatcher.com