All Discussions Tagged 'horse care' (147)

Barnmice Horse Forums Replies Latest Activity

Barn and Grounds: tips, products that work, equipment, design, etc.

Have any of you used geotextile grids, or fabric or the more expensive cube-like grids for parking areas and for grassy roads or the expens…

Started by Ann Hatfield

1 Dec 3, 2009
Reply by Ann Hatfield

Automatic Waterers

Hi, I just installed my first automatic waterer. I live in Central Wisconsin and we usually have some moderately cold temps in winter. Look…

Started by Amy

4 Nov 30, 2009
Reply by Amy

dry hooves

My horse's hooves are so dry that the vet wants me to soak them in water and put some kind of oil on them. He suggested fish oil as it is a…

Started by Janice Denney

11 Nov 23, 2009
Reply by Janice Denney

home-made sprays to prevent horses eating wood?

Hello Does anyone know of a home-made remedy to spray on the wood siding and posts of our barn ? Cheers, Dawn

Started by Dawn Riley

5 Nov 22, 2009
Reply by Dawn Riley

Back Soreness, Suddenly!

Ok, I'm well aware that many issues can cause a horse to get back sore, including saddle fit, traveling inverted, rider not sitting trot co…

Started by Frances Brown

2 Nov 20, 2009
Reply by Kathy Goucher

What do you think of this horse??? Warmblood X Welsh Cob X Paint???

I just tried this horse out last monday. I have owned horses before but all 15hh and up. This girl is 14.1, but she is a Warmblood/welsh/pa…

Started by Rachel G

0 Nov 17, 2009

Getting diarrhea under control-

HI there, Wondering if anyone has suggestions for me--and my mare who has got to just be miserable. :( So Chancy is 11 year old QH and is…

Started by Jennifer Grant

9 Nov 16, 2009
Reply by Deitra Bardon

unknowingly bought a horse with a club foot...now what?

Earlier this week I agreed to buy a horse site unseen (I had seen videos) contingent of it passing a basic vet check. The vet said he was a…

Started by Karen Nelson

3 Nov 14, 2009
Reply by Jennifer Lamm

the ideal barn

Anyone have suggestions of what you would put in a a new smaller barn if you were building one? Anything neat that you have seen? I live n…

Started by Janice Denney

3 Nov 13, 2009
Reply by Karen Nelson

What is your view on Appendix's? Good or bad?

Real experiences only please. I was wondering if anybody has owned, trained or bred appendix horses? Temperament, conformation, ability to…

Started by Rachel G

13 Oct 29, 2009
Reply by Over Fences

RSS

The Rider Marketplace

International Horse News

Click Here for Barnmice Horse News

© 2024   Created by Barnmice Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service