Has anyone tried magnetic therapy for their horses or themselves? What did you use? Did it work?

Views: 199

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I use magnetic therapy on myself and my horses. It was actually a horse that got us using m.t. He'd had a bad stall accident at a boarding barn (got cast for several hours) and cracked ribs. We got him back competiting successfully that year but over the winter he seized up (fibromyalgia like). After 2 years of not being able to compete we talked with some Nikken distributors at a local home show and through the course of the conversation were talked into the loan of a Nikken horse blanket for 5 days. Day 1 through 3 were okay days for our boy but on Day 5 he bounced out of the barn, like the old days and worked like a dream - we were convinced. I mean, how is a horse to know what is logical and what is not. We ended up becoming distributors as well in order to get the blanket at a reduced price and ended up getting products for ourselves as well.

Our whole family sleeps on magnetic mattress pads, use the pillows, wear the insoles daily. We also have the far-infrared long johns (absolutely amazing in minus double digit degree C temps). We use the therm (far-infrared) and magnetic wraps etc when needed for joint or muscle damage for horse and/or rider.

It's worked on increasing healing time on bowed tendons, bone cracks, stiff muscles, swellings, ......

I have a BSc in Biology and my mom was a Vet Tech, so it was hard to mentally wrap your mind around using the products but when the animals were showing us amazing results you just had to believe something was happening.
MY friend used it in her ankle and swore that it did work. I've never used it on a horse though.
I have used it on my horse that had a tendon injury, it works to take the swelling down but the magnets target the injured spot and they do get hot so you have to be careful not to leave them on to long follow the directions. I also use them on my ankle and wrist if they are sore it can hurt at first but it does get rid of the inflamation.
There is a real difference between static magnetic therapy, and pulsed magnetic therapy...which is it you are interested in using?
I have used it both on my horse and on myself. For my horse I have a magnetic blanket which I put on her for 30-45 mins before riding. I found it really helps to cut down the amount of time I have to spend warming up, especially in these lovely winter months,

In November I was in a car accident and have been using a magnetic pad fon my injured neck, back and arm. I find it has made a huge difference as there are nights I have to spend away from home and really feel it! (My cat also likes to sleep on it, though I dont know if he is getting and therapeutic benefits from it! ;-) )

Both my blanket and pad came from Best Bandages.
Hi Sara, I am happy to hear you are getting better. We at The Best Bandages love to hear positive feed back. See you along the road someplace.

Sandy Best
There is lots of information about magnetic therapy, and it's relation to use in the equine world, in this link:

http://www.veterinarywatch.com/MAG.htm
Hi all, Sandy Best here, my wife and I own The Best Bandages. We manufacture and distribute magnetic products for Equine, K9, and Humans. I have had horses all my life, and I have lived awhile. We have used magnets since the early 80s. When using other products we found things that could be improved upon, with my wifes backround as an acupuncturist and our equine experience we have made "a better mouse trap".

Magnetic therapy helps in a lot of cases, but as in all therapies nothing is the be all end all. The greatest thing about magnets is they do no harm.

Magnetic Therapy is a great maintenance tool between say acupuncture/physio/chiro/ect. treatments

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask, no strings attatched.

Sandy Best
Yes, I LOVE magnetic therapy!!!! It works miracles - I've healed two lame horeses with it!!! I always keep magnetic boots in my barn. You can purchase them at SmartPak.com =)

I bought my hunter/jumper horse, Page, with two front lame feet; she was over worked and not conditioned properly before competitions. I healed her with magnetic therapy, she's doing amazing and hasn't been lame at all since I treated her. She was as good as new within a month of my care.

I also have a young dressage horse, Flash, with a "box hock", he has horrible arthritis in his back right hock. He got to the point where he couldn't stand on it without severe pain and that was after receiving a second cortisone shot. I decided to use magnetic therapy on him as well and he's now doing amazingly well. I can train him again without any pain killers (see my video) and he doesn't show any signs of lameness. He was pain free after a week of the therapy...

Magnetic therapy works miracles! I purchased the magnetic boots from SmartPak.com. Both of my horses are as happy and healthy as can be now, they're two spoiled horses. Flash had colic surgery last week, he's doing awesome now. I still use the magnetic boot on him every day, he loves the boot actually; I don't have to tie him upo to put it on. I highly recommend magnetic therapy... ;)

RSS

The Rider Marketplace

International Horse News

Click Here for Barnmice Horse News

© 2024   Created by Barnmice Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service