How was your ride today? Update us!

Views: 590

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I hear ya ... that was a nasty wind a'blowin' and I was really pleased with Bear for keeping his cool when the wind came like a battering ram against the side of the arena. Such a good boy. :-)
I rode down a long gravel road near my barn that leads out to a trail through the woods. There are a few houses back there and all of a sudden, two dogs came running out of one of the houses. One of the dogs was a VERY large and very aggressive. He came straight for my horse, barking and jumping at us. My horse, Baron, is an OTTB, less than a year off the track and still very green. I was afraid he would rear up and throw me or buck me off, but he just started to trot away. Then he started to canter, and I was afraid he would really let loose and bolt for the barn. I have only had Baron for 5 months, and I'm a beginner rider, so I had never cantered on him before. I got into two point position, grabbed his mane and hung on. He stayed at a canter for just a few moments and I was able to half halt him down to a trot and then down to a walk. I was SO proud of him for staying level-headed and proud of myself for staying in the saddle!!!
Okay, a green OTTB and a beginner rider on the trails in spring with aggressive dogs!? You must be a real natural rider and awfully calm yourself not to have that turn into a disaster! Way to go- to both of you.
My ride today was AWESOME! I`ve got a new grand prix horse (so excitied!) and we`ve only been together for over a month. It was a very intense ride, my coach and I were working on the one-time tempi changes, as well as the passage and piaffe. I got some really great passage out of him and was able to keep it up through the corners which is very tricky because of the curved line. I`ve been working on that for the last while and finally it all cllicked in!
Things are just falling into place and it couldn`t be happening at a better time, seeing as how my coach from Germany is coming over next week for a clinic. I`m excited to show her the progress we`ve made!
That's amazing, Andrea! Congratulations!!!! :-)
Had a wonderful ride on my Welsh Cob Stallion. He is just amazing, this will be his first full year under saddle. Last year, I was pregnant, so I only rode him for 4 months, but that wasn't steady. Now I can be and he is amazing. Our first show is this Saturday, very excited!
today is the first time in about 5 mths that ive riden. I got tossed off 5 mths ago and took all the skin off my hands (the joys of rope reins and no gloves) kinda lost my nerve. today I decided that enough was enough and I rode for 15 mins not long but it felt good to be back in the saddle. :)
That is awesome Catherin! It is sooo hard for anyone to get back in the saddle after something like that happens. Take your time and do what feels comfortable.
Way to go Catherin. I hope you can continue - doesn't matter how long you ride - just enjoy!
Rode yesterday, and am frustrated at my lack of fitness and how it's holding my mare back. We have a show in 2 weeks, and I don't think we're ready. She has had some months off for an injury last year, then I had a work-related injury and we haven't schooled much in months. It's frustrating to find all the balance & power gone, and where once I could help her, now I'm just gasping for oxygen!! Luckily I only entered 2 first level[dressage] classes, but am still concerned we are going to muddle it up !!!! sigh
Today Bear and I had a lesson with Canadian Olympian, Belinda Trussell at Oakcrest Farm and I have to say it was probably the most awesome ride of my life. Why? Because Bear was totally between the aids; he was attentive; he was forward; he was happy ... and all this during a booming thunderstorm that lasted the entire length of my lesson!!!! There were only a few times when he got spooky --- one particularly close roll of thunder, and the other when the eavestroughs were overflowing and water was splashing through the window onto the kickboards, otherwise I could not have asked for a more agreable boy under such stormy conditions. It was the ride of my life so far ... and Bear finished nice and relaxed and happy and, I'd say, pretty pleased with himself. Who could ask for anything more? :-)
TODAY, well I did not ride today, the wind is blowing like crazy and I was supposed to fix the fence that bit the dirt a few days ago. First I went for a pick-up load of mulch and have been shoveling like a mad woman to get it out of the truck and laid where I want it. I am soooo sore that the only thing that doesn't hurt is my hair. (I had it covered) so I am taking a break, and did not get to ride, did not get the fence fixed, and did not finish the mulch detail...ask me if I care. lol there is always tomorrow.

RSS

The Rider Marketplace

International Horse News

Click Here for Barnmice Horse News

© 2024   Created by Barnmice Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service