Join new group, Pagan Horse Gals and Men! Go and join the group, this is just a discussion.

I had to balance the Christian Horse Gals, group, lol. If your path is different, please tell us about it. Open to all beliefs. Open to men and women.

Views: 490

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just looked in the groups, and there is no group for Christian horse guys, just gals. I imagine this might change soon just to balance us out since we have guys in our group now.
You are too funny. We will have to see if that happens.
I loved the books that Tom Brown wrote... the Divinci Code and Angels and Demons.... I always thought Catholicism and Christianity were "invented" to tell people how to think...... I for one Cherish God and whoever He is and I do not claim to know one way or the other... I am just open minded to the fact that I don't know any book writer than invented a starfish..... when I go to Church I love to praise God, but I don't like swallow some of the stories..... I think Jesus definitely walked the earth..... who he was exactly is not for me to know. :) If witches were really witches seems like the could have put themselves out before they burned, but hay that is just me.....
The witches in the countryside were probably herb women who provided just about the only health care available to the common people at that time. They were also the midwifes, and probably did veterinary medicine too. They made most of the medicines from herbs. On the side they might make love potions, do minor divinations, may have some inherited weather knowledge, keep track of the change of the seasons etc..
They did not have super magical powers, just a lot of knowledge and hard work.
Burning witches now!! WOW, that's one of the worst human traits isn't it , persecuting people with different beliefs. Religion seems to amplify this. I'm all for that song of Lennon's "IMAGINE". Pagens seem to be more in tune with nature, in it and getting their hands dirty, instead of worshiping from afar. I don't know really , never had much time for religion. All a bit too wrapped up in it's self , too intense for me. Now I need to chill out!!! lol
always burning smart women at the stake.. nothing has changed... except thankfully now herb ladies aren't burned at the stake anymore.. my own doctor is an herb lady. :)
It is amazing that Europeans are intelligent at all. The Church put all the smart people it could get into celibacy (well, that is what they claimed with the males) and they burnt a lot of the rest for witchcraft and heresy. Of course a lot of the people they accused of witchcraft had property, and the "witch finders" got a percentage of the estate after the burning.
Just think, Europeans got culled from the breeding group just for being smart.
Steady on Jackie, I think an awful lot of "witchs " were burnt at the stake at a place called Salem!!!
Actually the people in colonial Salem were too civilized to burn witches at the stake. I think they were either hanged or pressed to death (person lies on his back and stones are piled on the chest). The educated men of the colonies only decided that the events in Salem was witchcraft when they could find no scientific reason for these events.
I saw on TV a very interesting reason for these events, ergotamine poisoning from fungus on rye grain. LSD comes from a molecule that the ergot fungus develops, the whole fungus poison is extremely unpleasant, and there were regular poisonings in Europe until it was all figured out. On the ergot poison a person is guaranteed to see demons and have spectacular seizures.
yes ,thats much more civilised!!!!

RSS

The Rider Marketplace

International Horse News

Click Here for Barnmice Horse News

© 2024   Created by Barnmice Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service