1.You remember braiding pom poms into a show mane & tail
2.You keep buying taller step stools to replace mounting blocks...
3.You remember the land of time before cell phones & computers

Views: 309

Replies to This Discussion

An over 40 the other day told us she kept her rotary phone forever -- until a young person asked to use her phone and couldn't figure out how to "dial" the number.
Oh dear, that's still my winter riding gear (OK, long johns and one pair of jeans but otherwise.....LOL) AND my mother just told me about two wheeled wheelbarrows!

But no one knows my original coaches and the barn kids I trail ride with are my teenage son's age! What's scary is they consider me one of them, so I often hear MORE about teenage life than I probably should! Must to my son's dismay!

I remember rotary phones and only activate my cell phone in winter. My son snowboards and I wanted him to be able to reach me in case of accident. I still have to get the barn kids to answer it when he rings me and I can't for the life of me retrieve msgs without their help.

When he leaves for college I anticipate MANY, MANY phone calls asking him to remind me (for the millionth time!) how to use the TV remote and the DVD player. Having a tech savy teen living at home has made me dead lazy, LOL.

I raised him alone so there is no other male to explain things I SHOULD know!

I am also incredibly dismayed that there is no way on God's Green Earth I can mount a 16hh horse without a mounting block anymore, Aargh!

And my balance isn't all it used to be, bareback riding is scary! But I continue to do it occasionally in the hopes it'll help me maintain the balance that we all tend to lose as we age.
You're riding outfit icludes a shouder brace, leg brace, ankle brace, wrist brace because you have more injuries than not ... and people refer to you as Robo Rider ...
Actually i don't see myself at the age of 66 as an older rider. merely a rider with a bit of experience. i have ridden since i was a kid on the farm. never took lessons,never had an indoor arena, never took my pony to the local county fair. it was a make you own fun out on the trails or forget the horse. lol In my minds eye i am still that 25 year old that just hopped up on the horse and rode out. But in the past 40 years i have listened to my body when it says...'hey, you can'tdo that any more...do you know how old you are' lol keep on doing it people don't let the calender get you down

You remember riding horses on 2 legs and staying on

you remember you still have your old saddle from 30 yrs ago that still as good as new unlike the new one you bought 12 months ago thats past its best already !

you remember when you could name  all the horse feed brands on one hand .

you remember when it was   cool to ride in  snaffle and not have your horses head tied down by things you cannot even put on yourself  or name !

you remember when you had 1 indoor rug and 1 outdoor rug and this would  sufice ..not 20 different  types of  brand names or fillings !

you remember when you picked poop up  by hand and put it into an old ironing basket  before dumping it on the muck heap instead of todays fancy priced must have rubbish with 100 wheels and a hoover

you rememebr when  having a relationship with your horse and riding it well in the correct manor  didnt have a fancy name or 55 books to read up on about it

you remember when you could ride miles  without seeing a road .

you remember when your horses bed was straw or shavings  and just plain hay to eat  , unlike now with micro fiber beds and a million different hays and hayledges.

you rememebr when you paid £20 or$20 for a pair of boots that you still have now..unlike the 100s of dollars/pounds you pay now only to last you a year

and i personally Remember when i could have a horse not know who its mother or father was ,love it dearly and not be looked down on for it .unlike today where its got to be from this breeding  horse or that  breeding horse or have these papers or them papers  to make it better than anyone elses horse.......

oh yes and one other one lol...you remember when you could fit your Ass in the saddle lol (thats for me that one lol)

RSS

The Rider Marketplace

International Horse News

Click Here for Barnmice Horse News

© 2024   Created by Barnmice Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service