How do you know the trainer/mentor is right for you and your horse? Who is your favorite and why?

Views: 611

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So, I just bought a dvd called Horsenality... it was really good... quite a cliffhanger... wow, wonder how much more I'd have to spend to figure out how to get along with my horse... I think I am done with all this watching of one trainer or another and I'm gonna go outside and hang with these guys.... my trainers...

Tob and Oliver. :)
Well said Jennifer. They look like good company :)
They are so nice to me Jen.... they know I'm a novice but they are so kind... :)
I used what I learned from other people as a supplement to what my horses taught me. If my horse did not like a method I dropped it no matter who said it was a good idea.
You're absolutly right there Jackie, every trainer can teach you something, but your horse will show you what works for them,
Heck yeah! And if the trainer who said it was a good idea argues, fire her/him!
Smartest thing you can do Jen!! I don't know if you can find it or if it's still in print, a book by Franz Maringer, My Horse, My Teacher. Great book.
Hey Geoffrey, do you mean "My Horses, My Teachers" by Alois Podhajsky or "Horses Are Made to be Horses" by Franz Mairinger? I'm afraid the Podhajsky book is out of print, but you might be able to borrow it through interlibrary loan. The Podhajsky book is very, very good, well written, well worth reading, in fact all of Podhajsky's books are well written. I got it 39 years ago and still reread it regularly. I never managed to get through the Maringer book, probably because of exhaustion and partly because I do not ride dressage (as in if it was about Forward Seat I would have struggled through it). Podhajsky's books are all good, I've been rereading them for decades, well written, logical, and some of them have many illustrative tales of his riding horses.
yes,I always get them mixed up.!!!! Maringer's book is a must, not so much about a seat as a philosophy .very plain ,easy to read stuff.
Hi, Jenn, who put out the dvd Horsenality? The best way to get along with your guys is definitely to spend time with them. I sure missed my mares when I was off on the bike to Oregon to visit one of my horsey friends. But I sure met alot of new horses and we evn watched part of a gymkhana at the Tulelake Fair!
Horsenality dvd = Parelli.... good stuff ma'am... :)
Jen, your horses are beautiful. My Cloud is such a green bean, I rode her yesterday and Tina rode Maggie. She needs alot of miles on her, but she is teaching me how to work with a very green horse again. It has been a long time.

RSS

The Rider Marketplace

International Horse News

Click Here for Barnmice Horse News

© 2024   Created by Barnmice Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service