All Discussions Tagged 'exercises for riders' (12)

Barnmice Horse Forums Replies Latest Activity

Heels Down

Hi everyone, I'm new to this website. After having about six years off from riding, I started again about 5 months ago. I get frustrated wi…

Started by Teades Girl

8 Aug 21, 2010
Reply by Kairen Jamieson

Very "Gentle" Back strengthening exercises?

Hi Folks!   I'm just getting over a lower back flare up, and I REALLY NEED to get going on some gentle exercises that are slowly going to s…

Started by Nora Robinson

4 Mar 21, 2010
Reply by Siobhan .

Finding my lower leg.

I have developed a bad habit with my lower leg, I keep point my toes out, and using the back of my calf. I can 2 point like this and drop s…

Started by Samantha S

8 Feb 6, 2010
Reply by Kairen Jamieson

Simple stretch to help get you heels down and flexable lower leg

I have been asked a lot recently about why riders have such a hard time keeping their heels down. A heel that is not "down" may not have an…

Started by Ruth Hogan Poulsen

2 Sep 7, 2009
Reply by Ruth Hogan Poulsen

horse Riding Exercises

Core stability is the single most important group of muscles to train for riding? Who Agrees?

Started by Annette Willson

2 Apr 26, 2009
Reply by Annette Willson

Help! Ideas for crooked riders?

How does everyone stay straight and balanced in the middle of the saddle? Especially, once you start working, if the horse isn't going perf…

Started by Susan

22 Apr 25, 2009
Reply by Leah Klaassen

How to Fix a Roached Back

Hey guys! Hoping you can help me! I have a problem with keep my back straight (mainly over fences), and have been working a lot on the fla…

Started by Heather Frydendahl

9 Apr 19, 2009
Reply by Heather Frydendahl

Program Your Position

Here is a short video clip of a program that Jane Savoie and I developed over the years!! Hope you enjoy it!! Ruth http://www.youtube.com/

Started by Ruth Hogan Poulsen

0 Apr 18, 2009

Fixing a double bounce

At recent riding clinic it was brought to my attention that I do a double bounce while posting the trot. I've since been trying to fix it a…

Started by Lisa Longtin

5 Apr 6, 2009
Reply by Lisa Longtin

Rider Fitness..

I'm always on the lookout for new exercises to do to keep me fit...I do pilates, weight training and bike like crazy...what does everyone e…

Started by Michelle Synnot

3 Mar 7, 2009
Reply by Dorothy McDonall

RSS

The Rider Marketplace

International Horse News

Click Here for Barnmice Horse News

© 2024   Created by Barnmice Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service