All Discussions Tagged 'horse training' (39)

Barnmice Horse Forums Replies Latest Activity

Pessoa System - or 1/2 of it

I just had my phisio out to see my horses. According to him both would benifit from the pessoa system. I have never been one to use trainin…

Started by Puzzle

4 Oct 25, 2013
Reply by wildehex

Dangerous horses: what to do?

What steps would you take with a horse who has no respect for people and often acts out dangerously? Have you ever been in a situation wher…

Started by Ashley

27 Jul 27, 2013
Reply by Lauren Kerber

High Hand vrs Low Hand

I was just wondering everyone's opinion on the use of high hands in training   http://www.philippe-karl.com/modules...=354&topicid=3    

Started by Kairen Jamieson

9 Apr 8, 2013
Reply by Queenrider

Bitless Bridles ....how do they work for you?

Hi all!  I'm considering trying a bitless bridle - and am wondering a few things!  What are your thoughts on this:  What level of control d…

Started by Holly Cox

16 Sep 13, 2011
Reply by Jennifer Clark Questa

Negative Reinforcement

Taking away something that the horse dislikes in order to reward a desired response. Giving the horse relief or escape when he makes the c…

Started by Lindsay Grice

0 Jul 11, 2011

Positive Reinforcement

Adding a reward for a correct response. Something the horse desires. A treat, pat or voice command, for instance. Treats are a highly mot…

Started by Lindsay Grice

4 Jun 27, 2011
Reply by Lindsay Grice

Reinforcement

Reinforcement: An outcome a horse receives which increases the likelihood that a response will occur again. Following a behaviour with a r…

Started by Lindsay Grice

0 Jun 5, 2011

Learned Helplessness

Equine Behaviour Term of the Week: Learned Helplessness Individuals learn to be helpless to avoid a negative experience. They believe they…

Started by Lindsay Grice

3 Jun 2, 2011
Reply by Jackie Cochran

*Sigh.... My Herd-Bound Horse.

The Horse I got for Christmas is really herd-bound. She's SUCH a sweety, until the other Horses leave, then she's really antsy, and doesn't…

Started by Jocelyn

18 Jan 15, 2011
Reply by Shirley

Professional Horse Training by Gary Marsolais

Gary has over 40 years experience training horses of all breeds and disciplines.  Gary specializes in starting the young horse and giving t…

Started by Kerri Morden-Marsolais

0 Jan 2, 2011

RSS

The Rider Marketplace

International Horse News

Click Here for Barnmice Horse News

© 2024   Created by Barnmice Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service