Horse Care and Stable Management (176)

Barnmice Horse Forums Replies Latest Activity

Feeding Hay when feeding grain?

I recently read an article that noted that hay should not be fed at the same time as grain, as it will impede the digestion of the grain...…

Started by Sandy

10 Mar 21, 2009
Reply by slc2

Does boarding horses make any money?

I have a small stable of 8 horses. 2 are my own, and the rest are boarders. I've kept horses for the past 6 years. The stable I kept my hor…

Started by Sandy

15 Mar 20, 2009
Reply by slc2

cats

how do you keep cats out of your barn? My barn is starting to stink pee. I do not feed them as I think they can live off of mice at the bar…

Started by Corrie Dunn

2 Mar 20, 2009
Reply by Corrie Dunn

Bolting horse

I have an 18 hh warmblood who, whenever I try to take him away from the barn on his own will rear and spin around and run. I used to be abl…

Started by Hank

17 Mar 19, 2009
Reply by Hank

Broodmare leases

I'm considering trying to lease a few broodmares in the next few years. From what I understand this is a fairly common Standardbred and Tho…

Started by Amanda

2 Mar 17, 2009
Reply by Amanda

Help! Has anyone ridden after an appendectomy?

Hi All, I just had my appendix out on the weekend and was told I couldn't ride for six weeks! :( That seems like too long to me! Has anyone…

Started by Barbara F.

9 Mar 16, 2009
Reply by Barbara F.

Setting up mirrors outdoors

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips for constructing a framework for a free standing mirror set up (2 mirrors, each approx 5' tall by…

Started by Ottilie

3 Mar 15, 2009
Reply by Ottilie

excitable horse after 3 weeks of rest

hi guys, i have a horse that has been off for 3 and 1/2 weeks and respectivly is rull of energy. i knowthis would be normal but because i…

Started by Katherine T

11 Mar 11, 2009
Reply by Dori Nowazek

Help for the Bored Horse!

I have a horse recovering from colic surgery. It was his second in 3 months so the closing was difficult. He has been on stall rest for 16…

Started by Lyn

14 Mar 10, 2009
Reply by Lyn

cranky mare

help, anyone! what do you give your mare to stop crankiness that is not too expensive???

Started by Merche Smith

5 Mar 10, 2009
Reply by Dori Nowazek

RSS

The Rider Marketplace

International Horse News

Click Here for Barnmice Horse News

© 2024   Created by Barnmice Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service